community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject ComDev Inventory Stocktake
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:09:03 GMT
Hi Everyone

I'd like to do a ComDev inventory stocktake :-) so that we can have a common understanding
of exactly what tools or applications we have at our disposal.

What is Community Development currently responsible for. What websites do we maintain? What
pages (internal or external do we currently update?) What other tasks are we responsible for
or co-ordinate? What social media accounts do we run? What other applications do we use?

So why do a stocktake?
Things and people change over time and sometimes information is lost. Perhaps we already have
a tool that can help someone, it's just that we didn't realise that we had it!

Also perhaps someone has been doing  a task and is the only one that knows how to do it. Sharing
the knowledge also helps share the workload.

I know that we have some resources at the links below: (so will be using them as a starting
point)

https://community.apache.org/about/

https://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html#comdevweb

So if you know of anything else that doesn't appear then please let me know and we'll start
putting a complete list together.

Ideally we would want to know what the tool, application or task is, who the main contact
person is, and any knowledge about how to access and use it.

Thanks
Sharan