community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Barcamp Apache - Miami
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2017 13:14:44 GMT
Hi Everyone

Barcamp Apache is free informal event that anyone can attend that will be running on Monday
15th May from 9.30am to 3pm approx. The schedule is not set in advance and it's  like an informal
'unconference' around Apachecon. Anyone one can come along (you don't need to be registered
for any of the Apachecon events to attend – it is completely free!).

We welcome and encourage everyone to participate.

*So what happens during a Barcamp?*
As nothing is fixed, it varies, and each Barcamp is different as it also depends on the people
who attend. Please see below for a list of some previous barcamp activities:

- We talk and discuss any topic that people want to raise.
- We share experience and ideas
- If anyone is looking for advice or has a problem they need to solve then we help them brainstorming
- You can present or share something that you are working on and get feedback
- We enjoy the location and go for a walk around the city

A page has been setup on the Apachecon wiki with the Barcamp details so if you are coming
along, please help us with the organisation adding your name so that we know approximately
how many people are coming along. Also if you have some ideas that you'd like to see on the
agenda then please feel free to add them.

https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BarCampApacheMiami

You can also register your Barcamp attendance via Sched (see link below)

https://apachecon2017.sched.com/event/9zyD/barcampapache

Please remember that you don't need to stay for whole day and you are free to drop in and
out at any time.

*Community Sponsors for Apache Barcamp*
Generally Barcamp runs alongside Apachecon but this time it is being run separately the day
beforehand. It is a free event so would appreciate any help to cover the costs. If you are
interested in being a Community sponsor for  Barcamp Apache, then please take a look at the
following link.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor

I'm looking forward to another great Barcamp Apache!

Thanks
Sharan