community-dev mailing list archives

From "Raphael Bircher" <rbircherapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribute as a company
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:33:57 GMT
Hi William

Apache don't have a special way to contribute from a Company. We look at
all contributors as an individual. Your employee just follow up like every
other individual. Whoever, there are some contracts. ICLA and probably
also CCLA. On https://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas you can find them.

If you have already existing Code (say you extended an existing Apache
Project but didn't contribute back) you may need a SGA (Grant) to hand
over the code properly.

The way the contribution happened varies from project to project. But if
your employees jump into the dev mailing list from the project, they will
be guided to the right place.

If you have more questions, just ask. I wish you a good start at Apache
and welcome on the Apache village (for a family we are a bit to big)

Regards, Raphael