community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Proposed: (Bi?)monthly committer newsletter
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 12:06:41 GMT
On Apr 3, 2017 02:51, "Richard Eckart de Castilho" <rec@apache.org> wrote:

> On 31.03.2017, at 15:07, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> As you probably know, I have been pondering a (bi?)monthly community
> newsletter for some time.

In an email-based newsletter, you could include a web-bug. Not sure
if such a web-bug would be preserved when the mail is archived though.

An alternative could be a blog-based newsletter with proper analytics.
It would be possible to refer to it easily from Twitter and other channels.
One of these channels could also be comitters@a.o. You could probably even
include some kind of channel-specific campaign ID to figure out if
committes@a.o. is a good channel.

I assume that committers is one of our lists that forbids html mail. Not
sure. I'll check into that.