community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ComDev Inventory Stocktake
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:24:22 GMT
While it's kind of not ComDev, it kind of is, so it's worth mentioning
that "we" have a Wordpress.com account where we are hosting
feathercast.apache.org, and this is (or, perhaps, we'd like to make it)
a part of our community promotion effort.

--Rich

On 04/10/2017 03:09 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'd like to do a ComDev inventory stocktake :-) so that we can have a common understanding
of exactly what tools or applications we have at our disposal.

> What is Community Development currently responsible for. What websites do we maintain?
What pages (internal or external do we currently update?) What other tasks are we responsible
for or co-ordinate? What social media accounts do we run? What other applications do we use?

> So why do a stocktake?
> Things and people change over time and sometimes information is lost. Perhaps we already
have a tool that can help someone, it's just that we didn't realise that we had it!

> Also perhaps someone has been doing  a task and is the only one that knows how to do
it. Sharing the knowledge also helps share the workload.

> I know that we have some resources at the links below: (so will be using them as a starting
point)

> https://community.apache.org/about/
>
> https://community.apache.org/newbiefaq.html#comdevweb
>
> So if you know of anything else that doesn't appear then please let me know and we'll
start putting a complete list together.

> Ideally we would want to know what the tool, application or task is, who the main contact
person is, and any knowledge about how to access and use it.