community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for Panelists and a Moderator - Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 11:23:07 GMT
Hi Everyone

Thanks very much for all the feedback and responses. After a little bit of work :-) a proposal
has now been submitted.

A huge thank you goes out to Christine for initiating all of this. The next step is to wait
and see if the submission gets accepted. Either way, whatever the decision, I'd like to highlight
that it's been great fun collaborating with some of the Apache ladies on this.

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-03-03 18:42 (+0100), "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoerschke@bloomberg.net>
wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> Just to share that we are still looking for 1 or 2 more (male or female) fellow committers
to join us on the proposed panel.

> Please let me and/or Sharan know if you're interested.
>
> Thanks,
> Christine
>
> PS: https://twitter.com/BeeChristineP/status/837718736454975489 tweet sent

6th October 2017 in Orlando, Florida

> More details can be found at the link below:
>
> http://ghc.anitaborg.org/calendar/2017-grace-hopper-celebration-women-computing/
>
> Christine Poerschke from Apache Lucene is currently drafting a submission proposal for
a one hour open source panel discussion featuring ASF Committers talking about open source
and life beyond the getting started stage.

> This is not intended to be a panel representing the ASF in an official sense, but a panel
of individuals talking about their experiences in open source and being at Apache.

> So we are now urgently looking for volunteers from our ASF project communities. We will
need a moderator and 3 or 4 panelists (please note that no two people can be from the same
organisation). More details about the requirements can be found at the following link.

> http://ghc.anitaborg.org/2017-speakers/submission-requirements/
>
> The deadline for submissions is 8th March but we would like to get the submission in
earlier (e.g. end of day Monday 6th) to allow for any unexpected last minute problems.

> Please let me know quickly if you are interested in participating as we are planning
to hold a 30 minute call to discuss the submission tomorrow (Wednesday 1st March at 18.00
UK Time)