community-dev mailing list archives

From "Raphael Bircher" <rbircherapa...@gmail.com>
Subject Let's go Facebook
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 18:31:18 GMT
Hi all

I discovered some time ago, that the Apache Software Foundation has a
automated generated Facebook site with over 9000 likes. For those who
don't know it, FB generate a page for highly requested sits. There is a
text from Wikipedia on it, the Logo and that's it. We can take over this
page with the 9000 fans on it, and make a real fan page.

I've talked about this topic with Sally. She said, that I should go ahead
and do it. I have some years experience with FB pages. I'm one of the
Administrators of the Apache OpenOffice page. So I propose the following
procedure.

If there are no concerns, I will care about getting the page setup. After
that I can add others to Admin ore Moderator list.

I ask also for help here. Who is willing to maintain a Facebook page? FB
can also be a good opportunity to get new people involved. At OpenOffice
we have had committer who started with a simple Question on the FB Page.

So what you think about it?

Regards, Raphael