community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@apache.org>
Subject Google Summer of Code 2017 Mentor Registration
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 19:39:00 GMT
Dear PMCs,

I'm happy to announce that the ASF has made it onto the list of accepted organizations for
Google Summer of Code 2017! [1,2]

It is now time for mentors to sign up, so please pass this email on to your community and
podlings. If you aren’t already subscribed to mentors@community.apache.org you should do
so now else
you might miss important information.

Mentor signup requires two steps: mentor signup in Google's system [3] and PMC acknowledgement.

If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to

1. Be an Apache committer.
2. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to mentor projects. Use the
below
template and *do not forget to copy mentors@community.apache.org*. We will use the email adress
you
indicate to send the invite to be a mentor for Apache.

PMCs, read carefully please.

We request that each mentor is acknowledged by a PMC member. This is to ensure the mentor
is in good
standing with the community. When you receive a request for acknowledgement, please ACK it
and cc
mentors@community.apache.org

Lastly, it is not yet too late to record your ideas in Jira (see my previous emails for details).
Students will now begin to explore ideas so if you haven’t already done so, record your
ideas
immediately!

Cheers,

Uli

mentor request email template:
----
to: private@<project>.apache.org
cc: mentors@community.apache.org
subject: GSoC 2017 mentor request for <mentor name>

<project> PMC,

please acknowledge my request to become a mentor for Google Summer of Code 2017 projects for
Apache
<project>.

I would like to receive the mentor invite to <email address>

<custom content>

----

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
[2] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/