community-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya <adityasarma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding participation in GSOC 2017 - Apache Mahout
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 02:07:28 GMT
Hello all again!

I'm a senior year undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science. I
intend to be a part of the Apache Software Foundation and would love to
start my journey through the Google Summer of Code this summer.

Particularly, I am interested in contributing to Apache's scalable machine
learning framework, Mahout. I have contacted members of Apache Mahout and
would love to contribute to Mahout this summer. Although, in the ideas page
(apache's issues page) I wasn't able to find any Mahout related issue. I
know that in general new ideas / new proposals (apart from those listed in
the Ideas page) are encouraged. But just wanted check with the
administration in ASF who are involved with GSoC this season.

Best Regards,
Aditya