community-dev mailing list archives

From László Karsai <karsai1...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2017
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2017 17:41:24 GMT
Hi there!
I am Laszlo Karsai from Hungary. I have experience in working with Java,
Android, bash, python, Javascript, C/C++. Besides these, I have also gained
experiences in some Apache products (ServiceMix, Karaf, Camel) in every day
use because in my workplace, I have developed a message distribution system
for more than one year (part-time job). In this system, we use ActiveMQ to
handle the message flow. I already started to get familiar with the Kafka
as well.

I would happily participate in GSoC 2017 in one of Apache reported
projects. One of them is really interesting for me which is:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-946. I think I would be able to
handle it as I have relevant experience. However, I would like to show me
skills for you. I have already subscribed to the developer mailing list.
I hope it is not disturbing that I wrote to this email address but I
thought my question is not development related.

How can I show you my skills? What do you expect from potential participant
at this point of GSoC process?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Best Regards,
Laszlo Karsai