community-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Solr/Lucene to provide our own site search?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:20:47 GMT
+1 I think that minimizing the requirement to run specific infrastructure, and trying
to convince those already running such services I believe like Otis and Grant/others
from Lucid are optimal choices.

Cheers,
Chris

On 3/28/17, 12:19 PM, "Nick Burch" <nick@apache.org> wrote:

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2017, Shane Curcuru wrote:
    > As has been pondered many times (recently by Rich and Sally, among many
    > others), it would be really nice to better help newcomers find the right
    > information at the ASF or our projects.  We have one of the industry's
    > leading search tools right here: why aren't we using it, and even
    > better, semi-consistently across apache.org sites that want to?

    Some Apache projects do have externally hosted instances of SOLR indexing
    and searching their project sites. Tika and Lucene are two such sites, off
    the top of my head. Would asking the committers maintaining those about
    adding some more sites be an option?

    Nick