community-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Apache and Java
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:19:09 GMT
Java is a good language choice if you want object orientated programming
support and are targeting multiple platforms. That is likely to be the
case for many Apache projects.

Apache OpenOffice is mainly C++. It has an unpleasantly complicated
configuration process and multiple sets of build instructions to deal
with generating code for different platforms.

On 03/19/2017 01:27 AM, Spaghetti Roulette wrote:
> Why do Apache projects use Java so extensively? It looks to me that a lot of projects,
if not most of them, are written in Java, and I can't get my head around this fact. Is there
any reason, perhaps technical, or is it just coincidence?