community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Committer Diversity Survey – Survey Related Feedback
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:31:59 GMT

On 03/15/2017 04:25 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I'm following up on some of the feedback received in the Committer Diversity Survey.

.

Sharan, thank you so much for the work on doing the survey, and on
summarizing the results.

As with any survey, some of these answers feel like the first sentence
of a much longer conversation. It's a very tasty appetizer. I look
forward to the longer discussions that come out of this.

Some of the answers, like a request for an annual Apache conference in
Europe and North America, are intriguing. I presume it means that we're
missing a large portion of our audience when we publicize our events?

Each one of these responses that you quoted (well, most of them) merits
its own mini-discussion, and I hope that we manage to find the time to
do that. Alas, many of them lack detail that would make them actionable.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon