community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <r...@gardler.org>
Subject RE: Stickers idea
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 01:02:39 GMT
+ press@ (as Sally handled our marketing and may help with design and print)

Ooohhh.... I like the core values idea. I don't put many stickers on my laptop, I'd put all
the ASF core values on my laptop. Right now I have "Powered by Apache" and the Microsoft Ninja
Cat on a Fire breathing Dragon (I keep trying to figure out if I'm a Ninja cat taming the
dragon or part of the Dragon using it's might to empower the Ninja cats - disclaimer I work
at MS which was a surprise to many a few years back).

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Isabel Drost-Fromm [mailto:isabel@isabel-drost-fromm.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:36 PM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Stickers idea

Hi,

I'm actually not sure this is the right place to drop this random idea of mine, so feel free
to forward/ redirect/ ignore.

I remember the poster with our project logos being very helpful at FOSDEM. After receiving
stickers with short messages on team leadership principles recently I started wondering if
in addition to our feather stickers it might make sense to print some with our core values
+ the feather.

Maybe I'm not the only one who would like to see stuff like "community over code", "what didn't
happen on list didn't happen" on laptops in the wild? Iirc we had the community thingy embedded
on a larger sticker on the past already.

Isabel