community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject Request for Panelists and a Moderator - Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:03:41 GMT
Hi Everyone

The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference is planned for 4th – 6th
October 2017 in Orlando, Florida

More details can be found at the link below:

http://ghc.anitaborg.org/calendar/2017-grace-hopper-celebration-women-computing/

Christine Poerschke from Apache Lucene is currently drafting a submission proposal for a one
hour open source panel discussion featuring ASF Committers talking about open source and life
beyond the getting started stage.

This is not intended to be a panel representing the ASF in an official sense, but a panel
of individuals talking about their experiences in open source and being at Apache.

So we are now urgently looking for volunteers from our ASF project communities. We will need
a moderator and 3 or 4 panelists (please note that no two people can be from the same organisation).
More details about the requirements can be found at the following link.

http://ghc.anitaborg.org/2017-speakers/submission-requirements/

The deadline for submissions is 8th March but we would like to get the submission in earlier
(e.g. end of day Monday 6th) to allow for any unexpected last minute problems.

Please let me know quickly if you are interested in participating as we are planning to hold
a 30 minute call to discuss the submission tomorrow (Wednesday 1st March at 18.00 UK Time)

Thanks
Sharan