community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Profile photos and ASF values
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 00:19:23 GMT
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not in red and black and the poster has a name which makes the
> Hindu/Jain/Buddhist sense more likely.
>
> I sent a private note with a question asking if they know the unfortunate
> associations that their readers are likely to have. I think that just
> talking quietly about these issues is the best choice (usually).

Thanks Ted! I think this is exactly the best course of action here and
gets my +1.

In fact, I'd say this is the best course of action even in general:
compassionate
outreach in private as at least the first step. Hey -- if you're
polite you may even
learn something like what Ajay is saying down the thread.

Thanks,
Roman.