community-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Gamifying user lists
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 00:35:46 GMT
Dear Apache Foundation members,

Writing to you in hope to get an advice or to learn more from your experience.

As a member of Apache Ignite community I see that a number of questions posted to Ignite's
user list steadily grows. This is exciting, for sure. However, it’s not that easy to encourage
experienced and active contributors/committers to keep scanning the questions replying in
reasonable amount of time. As a result, majority of the questions are either answered by a
specific group of people or left unanswered for a while.

Has any of you tried to apply gamification techniques for user lists of your Apache community?
I’m looking for a platform/tool that can be easily integrated with the user list enriching
the latter with ranking charts, most responsive contributors charts, etc. All the communication
must keep going on the user list while a tool should gamify the list in background.

—
Denis