community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: community.zones.apache.org needs a move - are we still maintaining it?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 17:34:24 GMT
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> As subject says, the box it's on is slated to be decommissioned, so we
> either need to move the service or discontinue it.

It is still being used, to host the nearby people app (nearby speakers,
local mentors etc)

> Is there anyone willing to maintain and help move this?

There was talk of puppetising it (discussions around the time of adding
some historic data last year), but I'm not sure how far that got. I
couldn't get the puppet stuff working locally to test with, not sure if
anyone else got further?

If not, I can fairly quickly document the debian packages needed, what to
checkout of svn where etc. Or document + action on the new box

Nick