community-dev mailing list archives

From 李 铭 <gismo_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Working Ecosystems at ASF
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:04:41 GMT
分享Various Artists的专辑《Monstercat 013 - Awakening》: http://music.163.com/album/2516389/?userid=89343541
(来自@网易云音乐)

Sent from Netease Mail

On 2017-01-18 23:03 , Bertrand Delacretaz<mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org> Wrote:

Hi Raphael,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Raphael Bircher
<rbircherapache@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Why ASF dosen't found Developers?. Some people say, because to non-profit
> status. Others say, this are our rules....

"These are our rules" would be a bad answer IMO ;-)

The way I see it, the ASF funding development would create advantages
for companies which depend on funded projects, which is incompatible
with our charity status.

Strict rules might help avoid that but it's probably much easier to
handle funding independently of the ASF, as was done in the example
that I mentioned here earlier.

-Bertrand