community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Palumbo <ap....@outlook.com>
Subject Hello
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2017 00:28:40 GMT
Hello,

I sent an email yesterday regarding swag for Meetups, etc to this list, thinking that it was
an Apache list that was devoted specifically to that type of thing (i was just going off of
a comment automatically sent to me from the last quarter's board report review).. I've noticed
several Emails, and realized that I was wrong about this just being a place to ask for swag
from.

So I just wanted to Introduce myself and say hello.  I'm the PMC chair of Apache Mahout.
The Mahout team is a die hard group of all volunteer committers, devoted to distributed shared
nothing machine learning, centered currently around an abstract Engine neutral set of Distributed
Linear Algebra primitives. We're working currently on a release with GPU and native multithreaded
backed matrix operations, as well as to provide more caned algorithms.   We have no corporate
backing, which makes it challenging at times to keep up; most of us work after our day-jobs.
 This also makes us flexible and able to answer to no one but our own PMC when deciding the
best direction for the project to go.

So I just wanted to Introduce myself, and give you an overview of our team.  The email that
I sent yesterday came off more as an order for Apache swag..

So, Hello, and have a good weekend, all,

Andy