community-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does GSoC help develop communities?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 17:07:48 GMT
On 12/05/2016 08:15 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> Perhaps ComDev can act like a prpject visitor. (Not auditor or inspector!)

"No one expects the ComDev Inquisition!!"

> We can make a wiki page with a randomised list of all ASF projects, a quick
> checklist (smaller than maturity model) and just go through them one by one
> and raise issues/pull requests for any small community encouragement issues
> we find. Is that too intrusive?

Perhaps a bit off-topic for this thread in particular, but in all
seriousness, I like this idea a lot. As you've noted, older projects and
established developers don't always know which parts of their projects
need "newbie improvement" -- after all, they've already figured it out
for themselves.

--Jacob