community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan F <sha...@apache.org>
Subject Results: ASF Committer Diversity Survey
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:36:36 GMT
Hello Everyone

A big thank you to everyone that has helped or participated in getting
the Committer Diversity Survey out, and also to all the committers that
responded to the survey. It has been really good to be able to collect
this information and see what it tells us about our committer base.

I've loaded the main data and graphs from the survey onto the Community
Development wiki (see link below)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/ASF+Committer+Diversity+Survey+-+2016

In total we received 765 responses (out of a 5861 committer base at the
time the survey was run) so around a 13% response rate.

We also got 111 feedback comments of which 29 did not give their
permission to share or from quote their comments.

I've categorised all the comments into various themes / topics with the
main ones as follows:

 1. Suggestions for improvements within the ASF
 2. Suggestions for improvements to the survey (or any future ones)
 3. Thanks / positive feedback about the ASF and/or survey
 4. Feedback and ideas around diversity

Next steps will be:

  * Continue to analyse the information and identify any potential
    Community Development related actions
  * Start discussion threads on the various themes and topics raised to
    see if they will result in additional actions
  * Discuss feedback and diversity ideas and if necessary, integrate
    into diversity strategy

Thanks
Sharan