community-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Diversity: How many disabled people are at Apache
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:33:56 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> Anyway, I have no problem with people wanting to connect with others within
> ASF realm, regardless of reason, so this is only an opportunity to
> highlight my position on the 'diversity issue' at ASF, not in any way
> criticizing you for reaching out.

Please recognize that this is a commonly used tool abused on public
forums, and it is called thread hijacking. Especially when it pertains to
individuals' non-technical concerns, please don't do this. An outreach
request by anyone on community@ should not be met with a debate
about diversity.

Thanks for considering this request,

Bill