community-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: HackIllinois 2017
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 02:38:24 GMT
FYI

Thanks,
Roman.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nikitha Gajula <nikitha.gajula@hackillinois.org>
Date: Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Subject: HackIllinois 2017 + Pivotal
To: rvs@apache.org
Cc: Open Source <opensource@hackillinois.org>, rshaposhnik@pivotal.io

Hi Roman,

My name is Nikitha and I am part of the staff here at HackIllinois. I hope
you're doing well! HackIllinois has had some exciting changes following
last year's event and I wanted to get you involved.

HackIllinois 2017 returns *February 24th-26th, 2017*, and will be a fully
Open Source event. The event will now comprise of two tracks: a
*Contribute* track
based on Opensource@HackIllinois where students get to work with mentors
such as you on established projects, and a *Create* track focused on
beginning new Open Source projects. A brief overview of this initiative can
be found at go.hackillinois.org/os-hackathon.

We would love to have you as well as other members of Pivotal and the
Apache Software Foundation at the event. A full overview of this year's
mentor program can be found at hackillinois.org/opensource. I would love to
discuss this further over a phone call, is there a time that is most
convenient for you?

We hope to work with you and Pivotal this year!

Sincerely,
Nikitha Gajula
Outreach Director
HackIllinois 2017