community-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@apache.org>
Subject proposal for a GSoC post-mortem survey
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 08:59:18 GMT
Hi ComDev community,

since I believe that measuring two data points only to measure the success of programs like
GSoC in
building communities is going to do more harm than good, I want to propose a post-mortem survey
that
hopefully captures a more complete picture. Here is my first proposal, let's discuss.

Cheers,

Uli

*DRAFT*

Please specify the name of the student you mentored (free text)

Do *you* consider GSoC 2016 a success for your project? (yes/no)

Why or why not? (free text)

Do you feel your time spent was worth it? (very high value for time spent:very low value for
time spent)

Did the student stick around after GSoC concluded? (yes and still is, yes briefly, no)

Has the student been voted in as a committer or PMC member (yes/no)

Does the student's code live on? (as a separate module, as part of the project's codebase,
no, other
- please specify)

Should we continue participating in GSoC on a foundation level? (yes/no)

If no, why not?

Would you mentor a GSoC student again? (yes, no, under the following circumstances - please
specify)

Please specify your Apache ID if you would be willing to discuss your answers further. (free
text)