community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org>
Subject FOSDEM 2017 Community DevRoom CFP Open
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 21:42:05 GMT
Hi Everyone

There will be a Community DevRoom at FOSDEM 2017. I've summarised some of the main points
from the main announcement which can be found in full at

https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2016-October/002470.html

FOSDEM is a free open source conference that takes place in Brussels. Next year the conference
will be running for 2 days 4-5th February at ULB Brussels.  More details can be found at
https://fosdem.org/2017/

The Community DevRoom will be on Sunday 5th February and its goal is to:

- Connect people interested in nurturing their communities
- Educate software developers on community oriented tasks
- Provide concrete advice on dealing with human problems

Some potential talk suggestions could be:

- How to navigate the different cycles of the lives of contributors.
- Is compensating volunteers important
- Career progression for community oriented individuals
- Community he alth metrics
- Conflict resolution

Sessions can be 30 or 45 minute and you will need to make your submissions via
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17 *and* PaperCall.io at
https://www.papercall.io/communitydevroom

*IMPORTANT NOTE:* Please submit your abstract at both places as this will greatly simplify
the review process.

The deadline for submissions is 25th November 2016 and speakers will be notified by 12th December
2016.

Community development topics are always very relevant to open source communities so a strong
Apache presence here could help promote our projects and communities. The attendance figures
at FOSDEM are amazing so it is great place to be.

We had a combined Apache and OpenOffice booth at FOSDEM this year and I'm still waiting for
the feedback on our request for an Apache booth at FOSDEM 2017 but I would encourage anyone
who is interested or available to attend or submit a speaking proposal.

Thanks
Sharan