community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Documented Process for archiving project/module?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 22:52:34 GMT
Do we have an overview of the whole decision/action process around
retiring each of a podling, a TLP, and a module/subproject within a TLP?

I know the Attic has technical process documentation - but do we have a
guide for the whole process, starting with either a community member (or
the board!) noticing a project is mostly inactive, to actually deciding
it's not active enough to be maintained, etc.?

The board regularly sees or hears about projects or modules that aren't
active, and want to retire.  But we aren't consistent across the ASF at
communicating that status to the larger *public* community - sometimes
it's just the PMC list that decides and moves to the board.

Just an idea...

- Shane