community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Congratulations on your new role at Apache
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:54:25 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote on 11/17/16 9:05 AM:
> After each board meeting, the secretary sends this message to new PMC
> chairs. This mailing should trigger an additional mailing from ComDev
> with suggestions, recommendation, best practice, encouragement, and so
> on, to the people assuming this position.
>
> I don't know what, exactly, that message would entail, but, of course,
> the resource that Craig links to here would be a good starting place.

Yes - there are a lot of bits of change processes that now have useful,
short auto-generated emails that alert people.  Having those emails
point to some of the existing detailed docs would really help with
education.

Also, any time we can move this documentation to a public URL is
helpful.  The existing svn link is private to officers - but I bet much
of the information could actually be public (not quite all, but most)

> So ... possibly another ToDo item for someone to look at.

ApacheCon needs a giant sticky board for us all to post the millions of
great ideas on, so we can remember then when we get home!

- Shane