community-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My keynote from Apache Big Data on Hortonworks internal Apache training
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 23:42:30 GMT
I’d like to add this to the page https://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

The comdev site mentions that any changes should be posted to the comdev list first, so here’s
the discussion.

Also, I’m not clear what the technical process for modifying the page is.  Do I need to
rebuild the site after making the change?  Is there some way to test that my changes are valid?

Alan.

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 07:34, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> As those who were at Apache Big Data in Seville saw, I gave a keynote there where I discussed
Hortonworks doing internal training on Apache.  Rich suggested that I might want to bring
this conversation to the comdev list, hence this email.

> I’m happy to share the contents of the training on the community website if people
think that will be useful.  You can see the slides from the keynote at [1] and the slides
from our training at [2].  The training covers Apache and the Apache way, a little bit about
licenses and the Apache license, why Hortonworks chooses to work with Apache, how our employees
should handle their dual roles as Hortonworkers and Apache community members, a set of best
practices and things to avoid, and a brief discussion of trademarks.

> Several others have said their companies need something similar.  If you find them useful
you’re free to use our slides as starting point, and I’m happy to share insights from
our experience.