community-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Documented Process for archiving project/module?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 00:39:03 GMT
Is anything wrong with that the PMC is handling this on a
project-by-project basis?

Likewise, you could say similar "communicating that status to the larger
public community" for just about every aspect of a project's life, and that
those are inconsistent across the ASF.

* Release cycles
* Programming Language
* Versioning conventions
* Git vs Svn
* Number of repositories
* Number of release artifacts
* Use of issue tracker vs mailing lists
* Number of mailing lists in a project
* Barrier level for becoming committer and PMC member
* Responsiveness to external patches
* Maturity level
* Build systems
* Prerequisites

I have always viewed that as a strength rather than a weakness. So my
simple question is; Why is software development lifecycle management any
different to any of the above?

Cheers
Niclas