community-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Webber <atweb...@wimss.com>
Subject RE: Metrics & Baseline Reporting to Apache
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:31:38 GMT
Thanks Niclas,

Openhub has most of what I was thinking.   It’s a case of not knowing what was out there.
  Thanks so much for the link.  There is a little more I would like to see with this.  But
this is a big help.    Now, I know that it can & has been done, I can add what I need
or use as is.

Most of the information in OpenHub comes from version control logs which is awesome.   I wanted
to report on builds, issues, unit tests (where they exists) as well.   The only missing piece
was how to query ASF Jira without the 100 record limit.   Based on your feedback, this may
be a non-issue as I’m connecting to the Jira projects as ‘anonymous’ and anonymous users
by default may have the 100 record limit.

Niclas, not many people take the time to respond to these types of requests/inquires.  I’m
very guilty of that myself.   Thanks for your input!

-Alfred

From: hedhman@gmail.com [mailto:hedhman@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Niclas Hedhman
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 3:40 AM
To: Alfred Webber <atwebber@wimss.com>
Cc: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: Metrics & Baseline Reporting to Apache

Trust me, I was not offended by your request, more "surprised" and somewhat "so what do you
want from us". And maybe I should have dug up http://www.openhub.com that provides these kind
of metrics, and I know of one other effort as well, but can't find the link (possibly not
public yet).

I am just one peer here, and other people may have other opinion. In no way is my reply a
stance of ASF itself, but I think you understand that.

Good Luck
Niclas

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Alfred Webber <atwebber@wimss.com<mailto:atwebber@wimss.com>>