community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I commit third party jar to apache project ?
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 12:00:38 GMT
On Sun, 16 Oct 2016, Jeff Zhang wrote:
> I am working on one ticket of apache project. And this feature requires
> another third party jar but unfortunately this jar is not available in
> public maven repository.

Note that it's possible to upload other people's open source jars to maven
central via OSSRH. Normally you'd ask the project in question if they'd
mind uploading their own release via OSSRH, which they often will do with
a bit of support. If it's abandoned or they project has no interest, you
can build/tweak a pom and upload it for them.

There's several Apache projects which do this moderately often for open
source libraries they want to depend on (Apache Tika being one such that I
know of), so there's experience around to help if you need it

Nick