community-dev mailing list archives

From Kate ONeill <kate.one...@icarequality.org>
Subject Re: Healthcare Open Source Technology Request
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:50:25 GMT
Dear Team

Why: Open source mobile technology  is needed to improve the science of healthcare delivery
to reduce patient harm, with a specific interest in the 11 areas of all cause harm (Sepsis,
CAUTI, VTE,  etc.). Medical Errors kill 400,000 patients each year in the US and is the 3rd
leading cause of death only preceded by heart disease and cancer. Med Error is a  $29 billion
dollar problem in the US with unnecessary pain and suffering. Its like 1 jumbo jet crashing
each day in death tolls.

About: iCareQuality.us is a start-up firm with innovation labs in the Philadelphia area.
Our goal is  to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery - specifically
at the intersection of quality patient safety, clinical performance, health IT.  Using an
MVP early model, my doctoral work will be featured as Impact Case for Catheter Infection Prevention
by the national Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research next month.

Need: iCareQuality.us is seeking strategic hospitals, universities, and industry partners
to collaborate on building the next generation of mobile device technology for providers using
big data, gamification, just-in-time learning, AI, and machine learning to reduce all cause
harm and drive better outcomes in hospitals in the US and globally.

"Nursing value"  and "Physician value" in the equation below to reduce all cause harm. My
hypothesis is this - with open source technology, we can measure value as  leading indicator
that impacts patient outcomes in real-time. Currently hospitals measure  medical harm data
(NDNQI)  which is a lagging indicator and done manually with 3 month data delay.

[cid:7bbf2cde-37f3-436b-a893-e3f2fd170615]

Next Steps:  I welcome a call to discuss opportunities further.

Thank you, Kate
Dr. Kathleen A. ONeill, DNP, RN
VP of Practice, Education & Innovation
http://www.icarequality.us/