community-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: recognizing valuable non-code contributions
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:08:16 GMT
On 14 October 2016 at 12:16, A. Soroka <ajs6f@virginia.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, community thinkers!
>
> The consensus is overwhelming for being generous with committer status.
>
> (Additionally, just as a point of record, it seems that at least some projects are indeed
giving PMC membership without committer status, so that does seem to be reasonable Apache-fu,
when appropriate.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "committer status" here.

To become a PMC member currently requires an ASF login and this
automatically gives committer karma on many projects.
To get an ASF login requires an ICLA.

AIUI there are no plans to relax these requirements.