community-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reporter.apache.org off-by-one
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 00:53:50 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7 September 2016 at 22:44, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
> > Also noticed that it says "It's not possible to amend release details",
> but
> > that's not true. If you give a different day for the same version, it
> > overwrites.
>
> I think amend is being used in the sense of edit.
> Editing a file is not the same as overwriting it.

This could be an example of poor wording. From the user perspective, the
entry is clearly amended. Further, it explicitly says that one should
"delete the incorrect entry (as above) and add the correct one", and that
is clearly not the case, so I'm guessing the behavior was improved at some
point, but this instruction was not updated to reflect the new behavior.