community-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Help with task: Make our event calendar less US centric
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 02:13:17 GMT
I've made a first pass of improving the various event pages, with what I
think each URL is/should be used for.

https://www.apache.org/events/
Permanent landing URL for jumping off to any event related content.

https://www.apache.org/events/current-event.html
Brief ApacheCon/Apache:BigData overview (is this specifically used by
any other projects/scripts these days?)

https://www.apache.org/events/meetups.html
Semi-Manually updated list of just Meetups in next 2 weeks.

https://community.apache.org/calendars/
Google, iCal, and listing of major, brand-approved conferences, manually
maintained by EA and ComDev when asked.  Useful for people pulling the
iCal feed.

* Deprecated

https://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.html
Outdated version of calendars/index as far as I can tell.

https://community.apache.org/events/small-events.html
Old listing of how to get event approval; should be folded in elsewhere
(into third party branding policy and into other calendar pages).

- Shane