community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Apache HTTPD Training and certification
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:51:36 GMT

On 09/08/2016 11:36 AM, Shai Gallant wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Is there an official Apache training program designed for the HTTPD project?
> I've found a few companies online that offer training, but none that offer
> certification, let alone endorsement from Apache.  Can you please tell me
> how our company can offer an accredited course for Apache HTTPD that awards
> a certificate approved by the Apache Community?

What Mr. Rowe says. The closest that you're going to get is to find
someone that offers training, who is also a committer on the project in
question. For example, for httpd, you might find a trainer, and then see
if they are listed on https://www.openhub.net/p/apache/contributors

I am not aware, right at the moment, of anybody from our community who
is actively offering training classes.

We do, however, run a conference twice a year - once in Europe and once
in North America - where you can attend a variety of sessions about this
project. http://apachecon.com/

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon