community-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to report outdated "Welcome to ASF" email template?
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 03:48:00 GMT
Hello,

I just got accepted as a committer to an ASF project (Apache
Lucene/Solr (Yay!)).

So, I am getting the welcome emails and trying to follow the
instructions. And hitting minor issues, which I would like to report.
Just not sure to where.

So, for the "Welcome to ASF" email, the most ironic one is
recommendation to use community@apache.org mailing list which looks to
be closed as of 2014 with this mailing list being the designated
replacement (which took 15 minutes to figure out).

Also, it talk about logging into ssh host with username/password, but
the ssh server seem to only want public key now (next step??).
Finally, some URLs are now dead.

I am not sure who is responsible for those mail templates and hoping
someone on this list will pass this on or gives me a correct address
to provide feedback to.

Regards,
    Alex.

----