community-dev mailing list archives

From "Mccann, Thomas (solutions, services)" <Thomas.Mcc...@rbs.co.uk.INVALID>
Subject New Project - Query
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 15:12:50 GMT
Hi

I am currently working on a software project at the Royal Bank of Scotland, where we want
to spin-out a code base and share it between a group of parties (or make it totally open source).
The Apache Software Foundation is a really interesting initiative that I'm keen to explore
further as a platform for us to achieve this. I have been working through the information
you have online, but have a couple more points that I'm hoping you can help with:

1)      To what extent does the code base have to be visible to those outside of the Project
Group?

2)      What involvement do contributing parties have in approving new additions/changes to
the code base alongside/within the PMC?

3)      What is the likely success rate of a new Project proposal into your incubator?

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Tom McCann

Digital Studio, Regents House, 40 Islington High Street, London, N1 8XB
Mobile : +44 (0) 7584 114 480
Email: thomas.mccann@rbs.co.uk<mailto:thomas.mccann@rbs.co.uk>
Twitter: @mccann_tom

Information included in this email is classified as Confidential

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St
Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
and the Prudential Regulation Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received
by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to
it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure.
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message
after it was sent. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc may monitor e-mails for business and operational
purposes. By replying to this message you give your consent to our monitoring of your email
communications with us.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of
this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility
is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry