community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject UPDATED INFO RE CLOSING DATE...was Re: ApacheCon EU 2016 Travel Assistance applications are now open!!
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:44:28 GMT
Hi all,
Please be advised that the closing date to submit an application for travel assistance has
been changed to September 16th.
Please note that this date is before speaker notifications are announced. Therefore, if you
are waiting to see if your talk is approved before applying for travel assistance, please
don't, otherwise you'll miss the deadline to apply!!
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for understanding! If you have
any questions, you may email me directly at ea@apache.org with a copy to travel-assistance@apache.org.
Have a terrific Thursday!
~Melissaon behalf of the Travel Assistance Committee

      From: Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com.INVALID>
 To: ComDev <dev@community.apache.org>
 Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 9:16 AM
 Subject: ApacheCon EU 2016 Travel Assistance applications are now open!!

The Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) are pleased to announce that
travel assistance applications for ApacheCon EU 2016 are now open! We
will be supporting ApacheCon EU, Seville, Spain, November 14th - 18th, 2016.

TAC exists to help those that would like to attend ApacheCon events, but
are unable to do so for financial reasons. For more info on this years
applications and qualifying criteria, please visit the TAC website at <
http://www.apache.org/travel/ >. Applications are already open, so don't
delay!
ApacheCon EU is split into two separate themed events - Apache Big Data
and ApacheCon.  Due to the small time frame of each event (3 days and 2
days), the Apache Travel Assistance Committee will only be accepting
applications from those people that are able to attend BOTH events.

Important: Applications close on Thursday, September 29, 2016.
Applicants have until the closing date above to submit their
applications (which should contain as much supporting material as
required to efficiently and accurately process their request), this will
enable TAC to announce successful awards shortly afterwards.

As usual, TAC expects to deal with a range of applications from a
diverse range of backgrounds. We therefore encourage (as always) anyone
thinking about sending in an application to do so ASAP.

We look forward to greeting many of you in Seville, Spain in November 2016.

Kind Regards,
Melissa, on behalf of the Travel Assistance Committee