community-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharan Foga"<sharan.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Encouraging Diversity Update 3
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 12:38:29 GMT
Hi Everyone

I just saw Mark's mail and realised that it's been a few weeks since my last update,  so I'd
like to give you another brief update about what has been happening.

Hackbright Webinar
Nick Burch has volunteered (can I use that word? :-) to present the Apache Intro and I'll
hopefully be presenting the rest.

I've heard from several Python related projects that would like to be included in the webinar
(Ambari, Chemistry, Open Climate Workbench, Milagro and Thrift). Hackbright only asked for
3 projects so it will all depend on timing and number of slides to see what will fit.

The webinar run through has been moved to this Thursday (21st July) and the webinar itself
has been confirmed for 28th July. Hackbright will be recording it so that it can be played
on demand.

Diversity Survey
I've drafted an initial survey and would like to share it with a small group of people, to
get some feedback and comments. If you would like to help out then please let me know and
I'll send you the link.

General Diversity Strategy and Approach
I've had some very good feedback and references from Joan and Jan (from Couchdb) that I think
could be very useful. As my main focus is currently the webinar, I'll will pick this up again
once that has been done.

Thanks
Sharan