community-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Emails to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:46:53 GMT
On 27/07/2016 22:42, Martin Rosse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie contributor to the Hadoop project. It seems my emails to
> common-dev@hadoop.apache.org are not getting published to the mailing list.
> I am not sure if I accidentally violated the conduct/etiquette rules or
> something, and thus am having my emails to the list blocked by a moderator.
>
> I am asking you for help to rectify the situation because I do not know
> where else to turn. I've looked for info on how to handle, but this is the
> best resource I've found.
>
> I would just like to understand if I did something incorrectly as I think
> my email content has generally been of value.

Martin,

of the archives such as:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e2602d24e6aac70d3a3e8fdc4ccb0cecc519d1ea4c3c9d90b3db8954@%3Ccommon-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Your are subscribed with a gmail address and, therefore, your won't see
your messages because gmail tries to be 'helpful' and doesn't show
messages from you in your inbox because they are duplicates of messages
in your outbox.

I don't know if this is a behaviour you can disable with gmail.

Your aren't the first to be caught out by this and I doubt you will be
the last.

Mark