community-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache Projects?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 10:42:12 GMT
Hi, Sharan! Great initiative, diversity is a very important topic for
ASF and software development in general!

Here's another great community:

http://www.womeninhpc.org/

They bring together many highly skilled HPC devops and researchers who
I am sure could bring valuable contributions to many HPC- and
cloud-related Apache projects.

Example of text from their training events, which I think could be a
good slot to sneak in some "Contribute to Open source (perhaps ASF?)"
slides:

> This event is open to everyone interested in using HPC, but all our training staff will
be women and we hope that this provides an opportunity for women to network and build collaborations
as well as learning new skills for a challenging and rewarding career in HPC.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718