community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hipchat Room for Apache Women?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:56:24 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Sharan Foga <sharan@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I was wondering whether this could be a good way to bring together our existing community
of women so
> that they can get to know each other and generally just hangout....

FWIW I recently read about http://anitaborg.org/get-involved/systers/
(after someone mentioned it on one of our lists) and that looks like a
great group.

Diversity issues are industry wide IMO, so it might be more efficient
for people interested in those topics to join such groups, and then
come back with ideas about how to improve things.

Discussing concrete suggestions here with a [diversity] subject line
tag is perfectly fine IMO, but the issues are larger than just the
ASF.

-Bertrand