community-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unsubscribe trailers
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:25:55 GMT
On 13/06/2016 15:20, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> That should help many people and avoid these annoying
> "please unsubscribe" messages.
>
> How about turning these footers on for all mailing lists ASF-wide?
> Or did you actually do that? ;)

I could do that. But I didn't.

Generally, infra sets these (or not) based on the request of the
community that owns the list.

In this case I 'just did it' for this list on the basis that it looked
like the right thing to do and if the community disagrees the potential
harm is minimal and I can undo it just as quickly.

Mark