community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] Volunteers needed, Audio processing
Date Sun, 08 May 2016 23:46:44 GMT
On Thu, 5 May 2016, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> I would like to use this opportunity as an experiment to see if the
> process could be crowd sourced and automated for future events. If we
> could find some 15 mins to chat to educate me on what worked in the past
> it'd be appreciated.

One idea we've had, but not yet tried beyond some evil shell scripts, is
to take a low quality video of the talk used for timing only. Then, use
that to identify the slide transition timings + "live demo in progress",
and finally generate a video from the audio + slides

Nice high quality video + audio would be better than that, and video of
speaker with/plus slides better still! But if we can't manage that / as
much, and if it isn't too much work, it's something to try. Let me know if
you want the evil proof-of-concept shell script for driving ffmpeg to
combine audio + slide as images + transition details!

Nick