community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we add this to Apache Community Calendar: [virtual] MADlib Community Call - "Deeper Dive on 1.9" - Thurs, May 5, 9AM Pacific
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 21:34:32 GMT
On Mon, 2 May 2016, Greg Chase wrote:
> I'm not a member of ComDev PMC, but always happy to help if you need more
> "community geeks".

We could always use more community folks!

> Based on other responses, it sounds like I just need to do a better job of
> promoting virtual events in advance.  I've been running about 1 week ahead
> for my communities' own newsgroups.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do for the other calendar since these events
> are entirely virtual, and not currently promoted on any central calendar
> other than my employer's own open source community calendar.

It sounds like these could be a good candidate for including in the weekly
"upcoming meetups" email and tweet. If you're already got a nicely curated
list, we might even be able to pull it into the generation app as-is

Most of the folks currently looking after that app are a bit snowed under
this close to ApacheCon. If you can add in an import from your stuff to
the app now, great! If not, hopefully one of them can take a look in a few
weeks time

Nick