community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <drugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: How do you measure the effectiveness of mentorship at the Apache Software Foundation?
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 19:32:08 GMT
Hi, Will;
   This is a great place to ask that question, but another great place would be general@incubator.apache.org.
--
Daniel Ruggeri

-------- Original Message --------
From: William Larkin <wdl26@cornell.edu>
Sent: May 18, 2016 1:23:03 PM CDT
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: How do you measure the effectiveness of mentorship at the Apache Software Foundation?

Hello,

My name is Will Larkin, and I am working with at team to develop software
for mentoring programs to better measure effectiveness and outcomes. We
would love to gain some of your insights into how you currently measure
effectiveness and other aspects of your mentorship program.

1) How do you currently measure the effectiveness of your mentoring program?
2) Is there a matchmaking process for mentors/mentees?
3) Is there an online and/or mobile presence where mentors and mentees can
discover, connect, and communicate with each other?

Looking forward to your response!

With great appreciation,
Will Larkin