community-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: ombudsman@ (was Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache Projects?)
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 02:16:05 GMT
Patch looks pretty straightforward Marvin.  However if we're going to use apache.org personal
addresses, those volunteers should ask infrastructure to create qmail owner files for their
accounts, to ensure that all emails sent from providers using DKIM and the like will be successfully
delivered.

    On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:00 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

 On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Joe Schaefer
> <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> ...We have options for phasing out president@, from simply using one of
>> Ross's personal addresses, to creating a dedicated alias of the
>> ombuds(man)@ variety...

This is a nice contained task which fixes a concrete issue, and an opportunity
to make some tangible progress.

> If I wanted to report something confidential I think I'd like to know
> exactly who gets those messages.
>
> So the best might be to simply list the @apache.org IDs of people who
> volunteer to receive such messages and process them with the required care,
> so that people who want to report something can choose who to report to.
> People can then use http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html to find out what
> roles those people have at the ASF.

We already have a set of volunteers who were willing to serve behind the ombud
alias.  Hopefully we can confirm their willingness to add their names to a
public list.

Here's a simple patch:

https://paste.apache.org/3AuO

Thoughts

I don't think the ASF Code of Conduct page has any specific maintainer
attached to it beyond the Board itself.  I figure that once we have consensus
on a patch and a volunteer list, I can run the change by board@apache for
completeness, then apply.

Marvin Humphrey