community-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache community in Addis Ababa
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 21:48:50 GMT
We had a more or less vibrant community doing Swahilii, too—but it has, as far as I know,
also declined. It’s positive cline depended upon a few. Gone, gravity took over.

I am still in touch with some in the region. Might be feasible to re-ignite the spark, but
my guess is that it would only be really sustainable if in coordination with LibreOffice/Mozilla
and others who would benefit from the common translated strings.

louis

> On 31 Mar 16, at 18:12, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> OpenOffice has outdated translations of Amharic and Oromoo. Updating these translations
via pootle can be done by non coders. The AOO project is ready to provide guidance as we are
for any language.